So, now that we know my non book goals for this coming year, I would like to share some of my bookish goals.
1. My first goal is to buy less books. Ok, I know this sounds weird, but go with me for a minute. I have AT LEAST 20 books on my shelf that I haven’t read yet. I would like to get through at least three before I buy a new one. That’s going to be a rule, Read three, buy one.
2. Another goal is to make more shelf space. I have one bookcase with 8 shelves, another with 4 shelves, and one shelf of another completely full, along with piles of books scattered around my room. I’d like to sell a TON of books, so if anyone knows of a place that I can do this, that would be great.
3. I would like to finish all the series’ and trilogies that I started. I want to reread and finish the Uglies trilogy by Scott Westerfield, I’d like to finish the Matched, Crossed, Reached Trilogy by Ally Condie. I’m working on the audiobooks for both Delirium by Lauren Oliver and Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I’d like to finish those trilogies. Also I WILL make it through The Maze Runner by James Dashner.
4. I would like to read some more John Green. Like all the John Green books.
5. I’m going to try to find a balance between contemporary and dystopian. I go through phases where I only read one or the other, and I’d like to balance that more.
6. I’d like to finish, or at least come close to finishing the novel that I’m writing. Wait what? Who the hell said that? We’ll see.
7. NaNoWriMo. This one might wait until next year, but I WILL TRY.
8. Lastly, I would like to blog more. Ideally I would like to post every other day. Lets see how this goes.
Now lets get to the first 20 (26 technically) books on my TBR. I will update these as my year goes on.
1. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green.
2. Eve by Anna Carey
3. Crossed by Ally Condie
4. Reached by Ally Condie
5. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green.
6-9. The Maze Runner series by James Dashner
10-13The Uglies series by Scott Westerfield
14. Stolen by Lucy Christopher
15. Feeling for Bones by Bethany Pierce
16. Such a Pretty Girl by Laura Wiess
17. Exit Here by Jason Myers
18. Thin by Grace Bowman
19. The Bling Ring by Nancy Jo Sales
20. Paper Towns by John Green
21. The Handmaidens Tale by Margret Atwood
22. Tricks by Ellen Hopkins
23. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
24. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
25. Starters by Lisa Price
26. A Year With Aslan by C.S. Lewis
So there you have it. my 2014 reading goals. I will definitely be reading more than those books, especially since I have now fallen completely in love with audiobooks. I will obviously be updating y’all on my progress as the year goes on. Definitely keep a look out for reviews on some of these books. Let me know in the comments what are some of your 2014 reading goals.